Organic coconut oil is antibacterial, inexpensive, and the literal queen of natural glow. It has such a wide range of uses, some of which I’ll be sharing today. Enjoy!! ☺
- Brow gel: To use for the brows, coat a cleaned mascara wand in coconut oil, and then sweep the mascara wand over brows. The coconut oil will set your brows in place for the day.
- Hair mask: Apply a generous amount of coconut oil on the bottom half of your hair, loosely braid, and leave in for half an hour to an hour before washing out with shampoo.
- Makeup remover: Gently massage coconut oil over the face to remove makeup. Take a cotton pad to wipe away excess makeup and oil before cleansing.
- Lip balm: Apply a layer of coconut oil to lips to moisturize; your lips will absorb the oil in a matter of minutes and leave you with soft, supple lips.
- Shaving cream: Apply all over area with coconut oil before shaving; it makes shaving precise and leaves skin soft.
- Hair conditioner: After shampooing, apply coconut oil as any usual conditioner, leave in for 2-5 minutes, then rinse out thoroughly.
- Mouthwash: Use coconut oil as a mouthwash (also known as “oil pulling”); gargle for two or more minutes each night for whiter, cleaner teeth and freshened breath.
- Frizz tamer: Use a cleaned mascara wand lightly coated in coconut oil to brush away at and tame hair flyaways & frizz.
- Scar treatment: Along with using a cleansing brush, I was able to rid my face of some acne scarring by applying coconut oil to the affected areas every day for 2-3 weeks.
- Body moisturizer: Apply to any dry body areas for softened, glowing skin.
Do you use coconut oil often in your beauty regime?? If so, let me know any of your favorite uses for it below (:
Other posts you may like: