Hello lovelies! Today I’m sharing five of the easiest ways to better care for your hair by utilizing a few hair hacks into your routine. I have been using these hair hacks on a regular basis for quite awhile and have noticed my hair’s frizziness, breakage, and dryness have all nearly disappeared since. Though different people have different types of hair, I hope these hacks will be helpful for you!
- Cleanse your scalp regularly (but not daily). While its best not to be shampooing your hair every single day (since you will end up stripping your hair of the natural oils it produces to moisturize the hair and aid in healthy growth), its also not a good idea to go a week or more without shampooing as well. Your scalp, under all that hair, is indeed a form of skin, and needs to be cleansed so extreme build-up won’t occur. I personally wash my hair twice a week and find that is a pretty good fit for me, but if you’re used to washing your hair every single day, try to begin washing it every other day instead.
- Do a cold rinse at the end of your shower. Because most of us take showers with hot or warm water, which opens our hair cuticles up, its best to always finish with a cold rinse. This will close the hair cuticles up after all the washing and conditioning is done. Simply flip your hair in front of your face, and let cold water run over your scalp and hair for 10-15 seconds before you shut the water off.
- Use a coconut oil (or preferred) hair mask. I like to brush my hair out, then with my fingers smooth coconut oil all over my hair, focusing on the ends. Then I wrap all my hair up into a bun and leave it in for about an hour. After the hour is up, I wash my hair in the shower and come out with beautifully conditioned hair.
- Apply coconut oil to the ends of the hair twice a week. This will keep protect your hair, keep it moisturized, and lessen the amount of hair breakage that occurs. Since the ends of your hair are the most vulnerable and most prone to breakage, its important to use something such as coconut oil to protect and moisturize them.
- Detangle your hair from the ends up to the roots. At the end of each day when I’m working on my hair, I always detangle my hair from the ends to the roots with my fingers, then once my hair is detangled, I brush my hair from the roots to the ends (this will distribute the natural oils from the scalp onto the ends).
I hope these hacks will help you grow and maintain healthy, beautiful hair! If any of you would like me to write about my haircare routine in a future blog post as well, let me know in the comments, since I’d love to share that with you all! 🙂
Thanks so much for reading!! xx