Hello lovelies! I’m super excited to share 20 things you may not know about me today! If you want to know a bit more about who I am personally, be sure to read on. 🙂
- ~Music basically fuels my writing.~ If I’m not able to plug in earbuds and log onto Spotify, the inspiration comes much harder in my process of writing something. Not to say without music I’m entirely helpless (okay, maybe I am a little bit) but other than journaling, I really need/want/love to use music to gain some serious inspiration while writing nearly anything (and everything).
2. ~I essentially CANNOT decide if I love coffee or tea better.~ I’m a huge fan of hot beverages, but honestly, let’s just stick with saying they’re both good because I seriously cannot decide. Hehe!
3. ~My favorite book series is the Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.~ Okay I freely admit-if you know me personally and am reading this blog, you probably already know this about me. *grins mischievously* I’m obsessed with HG and probably always will be #foreverandalways
4. ~I have a ridiculously huge crush on Eugene from Tangled.~ Yes, he’s an animated character. Yes, Rapunzel’s world doesn’t *actually* exist. No, I will never not have a special place in my heart for Eugene. ❤
5. ~One of my biggest dreams is to impact other people’s lives through what I write, whether that be a novel, nonfiction work of mine, or anything else.~ I want to make a difference in the world, and one of the ways I wish to accomplish that is through my writing. Though I’m far from totally experienced or perfect (let me say though, what writer is actually perfect in the actual meaning of the word?) I believe with God’s help I can actually make this dream a reality one day. 🙂
6. ~I have literally thought about how well I think Veronica + Mellark sound together.~ What #teampeeta girl hasn’t done something like this though?
7. ~I’m both a Christian and a feminist.~ I don’t understand why so many people are shocked that someone who is Christian can also be a feminist. If you truly read about what Jesus did with His time on earth, you will see tons of incidences where Jesus treated women with a respect and love that was un-paralled and revolutionary for its and all time.
8. ~I’m considering careers in journalism, freelance writing, and school counseling.~ That’s a wide range of career choices, but I’m considering all three right now. I’d really love if I choose school counseling, to also take up freelance writing at least on the side as a part-time job, because whatever I do, creative writing will always be a big part of who I am. ❤
9. ~I love debating/arguing with people. As much as I love people (seriously, I really do) I also can’t help but get into arguments, debates and so forth about things I’m passionate about with them/you/persons. 😛
10. ~I’m a big nerd.~ I’m quite nerdy when it comes to books, movies, (some) science, lots of history, almost anything English, and too many other things to note here. Oh, and yes, I do wear glasses part-time (but not while reading…sorry to bust your stereotypical bookworm-with-glasses bubble… XD )
11. ~I believe in the power of true kindness like nothing else.~ If this world showed a bit more love and kindness, I firmly believe it would be an entirely different (and better) place.
12. ~Hugs are literally like some sort of emotional and physical therapy for me.~ If I’m feeling down, all I really want, above anything else, is a listening, compassionate ear…and just hugs. LOTS OF WARM HUGS, PLEASE FRENS.
13. ~I will eat literally anything that has chocolate in it.~ I’m not exaggerating when I use the world literally here. Chocolate is equal to perfection, so. If you wanted me to try chocolate coated potatoes-I’d do it.
That sounds kinda gross to you I bet but hey what did I tell ya?
14. ~I still love watching the Little House on the Prairie show.~ Yes, it was probably “cute” that I was obsessed with this show as a little kid. But someone now in high school quite occasionally binge-watching the adorable series from the 1970’s? HECK YES. I’ll probably never outgrow this show and be a grandma who loves it, reminded often by her grandkids that the show is a century old…oh well *shrugs* XD
15. ~I spend WAY too much time online.~ Maybe you already knew this…if you take the time to remember I’m producing two blog posts a week on this blog and one a week on another…plus far too many other online projects…I’m sure you believe me now.
16. ~I cry sometimes over fiction I myself am writing.~ Now this one probably sounds crazy to anyone who isn’t an avid writer, but trust me, I don’t think I’m alone in this one. Sometimes just the emotions are so heart-triggering that you can’t help but cry over the painful or suspenseful circumstances occurring in a story, EVEN if you admit you’re creating all this havoc yourself…(and all you writers out there: let’s just once and for all freely acknowledge we do indeed believe in a tiny corner of our hearts our stories are real, because “imagination [DOES] create reality” -Richard Wagner.)
17. ~I’m one of the biggest Pinterest fans you’ll ever meet.~ Like how can a person NOT love Pinterest anyway?! Its basically a huge database of personal aesthetics and advice and interests and absolute AMAZINGNESS. 😀
18. ~I use emojis far too much, at any and all times.~ What do you know? Saying this and I used emojis eight times in this blog post already…
-well you know now I don’t lie.
19. ~I finished my first novel at age ten.~ It was this epic fiction work about a girl who got kidnapped during the Civil War…yeah, both strange and embarrassing to tell others about and think of myself. But it definitely was the beginning of my various explorations as a writer since then so I’m grateful for the experience. #humblebeginnings
20. ~I begin my very first blog (I know, another first 😉 ) when I was a freshman in high school-two and a half years ago.~ At the time, I had a newsletter business and wanted to create a blog to enhance the reading and advice experience for my readers…unfortunately the blog didn’t last (along with the newsletter) but its interesting to remember setting a blog up for the very first time. : )
I had so much fun coming up with and writing down 20 things about myself for this post! Let me know by commenting if you can relate to any of these things about me, or mention some unique (or relatable) things about yourself as well. 🙂